Updates

I sent a specimen of the Agrimonia from Scorrybreac that Dorothy found to Mike Wilcox.  He compared it with A. eupatoria which grows in his area and says it is not that but rather A. procera.  This is how I have always recorded it from this area but some earlier records were made of A. eupatoria here. I now need to check the few sites where I have recorded A. eupatoria on Skye as I think it likely that I was in error.

I showed James Merryweather a specimen of the fern from Loch Sneosdal and he suggests that it a Dryopteris hybrid, perhaps a buckler fern crossed with a male fern. I shall send it away for further assessment but in the absence of sori I suspect I shall not get a definitive answer.

I have updated the Raasay Flora to take account of the new records from NG63. As always, if you spot errors, etc. I would be grateful to be told.

Tags:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: